Thursday, February 16, 2023

February Bloom Day

Crocus Thomasinianus in front yard.

 

It was a sunny day here in Virginia, and extraordinarily warm--the thermometer hit 70 degrees in the afternoon! Sadly, with my husband very ill in the hospital, I was not really able to be here to enjoy my garden. I spent most of the day at the hospital with him. I figure there will be time for that later, when Herb is out of danger and back home.

 


Front yard under the cherry tree.

I didn't have time to take a look at my hybrid witchhazel 'Diane' to see how the blossom are opening today, but this is what it looked like a few days ago.

 

Witchhazel 'Diane'

 That's it for today. Next month I hope to have more--the Siberian squills, daffodils, grape hyacinths, and glory-of-the-snow should be popping up by then and my Hellebores may be budding. I need to cut back the old foliage, as the new foliage is emerging.

No comments: