Saturday, March 23, 2024

Almost Flowering

Yellow Magnolia 'Butterflies'

 

With the recent warm temperatures the buds of my Magnolia 'Butterflies' started to shed their winter scales and open, only to be cut down by an early morning frost a few days later...this happens every year! Why, oh why, couldn't a frost wait a few more days so that I could see my magnolia is full bloom before the flowers burn? It would have been a glorious sight!

 

The complete Magnolia

Seen with the house as backdrop.

Alas, it doesn't seem to be in the cards! These photos taken a few days ago are the most open I've seen the flowers in the seven years since I planted the tree. It was but a brief moment of beauty!

 


 

I may yet see a few more flowers that didn't get cut down by the frost open later on, but it won't be the full-blown effect I was hoping for.

1 comment:

tz_garden said...

Such a beautiful shade of yellow, what a stunner!