Friday, March 4, 2022

Spring Is Marching In

 

Crocus thomasinianus.

 

Spring is marching in early this year (pardon the pun!) with lots of crocuses blooming in my front yard under the cherry tree. The Crocus thomasinianus continues to spread; this species seems to be the only one that is impervious to squirrels in my yard. I've transplanted a few to other beds where they can continue to spread, and next fall, I'll transplant a few more to the backyard beds. My yard could use some snowdrops too, next fall.


Clumps of Crocus thomasinianus.

Species crocus with feathered veins.

The 'February Gold' daffodils in front are also bursting into bloom. The clump on the other side of our driveway, in a less sheltered spot, is about a week behind this one. The buds of white hyacinths along the front walk are coming up too.


'February Gold' daffodils.

'February Gold'

White hyacinth buds.

 

My hybrid witch hazel 'Diane' is blooming profusely now, along with the native one planted several years earlier.


Witch hazel 'Diane'

Shoots of 'Mount Hood' daffodils.

The new shoots of my "Mount Hood' daffodils are coming up too. Soon, my garden will be filled the flowers of spring bulbs!


My front yard on March 2.


1 comment:

Herb Borkland said...

Extra crisp photography! ;-)