Sunday, January 17, 2021

Red-bellied Woodpecker


Red-bellied woodpecker.

 

A new visitor showed up yesterday at my feeder on the cherry tree in front. This beautiful red-bellied woodpecker and his mate have often been spotted on the old oaks in the back yard--I suspect they may have a nest in one of the trees. He came to the feeder yesterday afternoon, and had a banquet with the left-over seed ornament. 



Interesting to watch his stance--feet grasping the seed ornament, balancing on the ground with his tail. He came back this afternoon. So did another three downy woodpeckers. I guess it's time to put more food out for the birds.

1 comment:

Herb Borkland said...

Interesting to watch his stance--feet grasping the seed ornament, balancing on the ground with his tail. He came back this afternoon. So did another three downy woodpeckers. I guess it's time to put more food out for the birds.

Sometimes you write gooder than me. ;-)